MIdland-Odessa Is This How You Get Rid Of A Sore Throat?
I have had such fun this week with allergies, a sore throat, mocos and eventually the loss of my voice. When it is literally your livelihood, it is zero fun. Especially when you don't see it coming. I was good one minute, TMI...blowing my nose, sneezing, coughing and such, and all of a sudden the hoarse voice, then little to no voice.
I typically deal with this in the cold winter months because trust this is not my first rodeo losing my voice but in springtime when I spend quite a bit of time outdoors? No ma'am. Ain't nobody got time for that. My immune system failed me this week.
So I did what any responsible adult female would do. I started to ask everyone and their momma how to nip this in the bud? Here are some suggestions that I received:
WAYS TO GET RID OF A SORE THROAT AND GET YOUR VOICE BACK :
- eat marshmallows-I don't know why just try it, it works for my kids! (from a dear friend who I think is being played by her children) lol
- drink herbal teas-I have boxes of 'throat coat' in my pantry...next!
- lemon and peppermint candy/candy cane-my momma used to give me this when I was little, it never helped but I certainly never told her, have you tried this combination? To.die.for.
- drink pickle juice-I tried it! I wonder if eating 2 bags of popcorn at the same time was a bad thing?
- SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS! The number of people that told me to drink everything from whiskey to Fireball to tequila was unreal. I lost count. Also, I am reevaluating my circle of friends. lol To be honest, I'm not going to lie, the first shot of whiskey I believe did work, I was feeling good but it wore off quickly. The second and third shots did nothing for me. Am I immune to the stuff?
If you have the sure-fire remedy for a sore throat that may lead to loss of voice that is anything other than what I mentioned, hit me up in my DM's, this is not the first or the last time I will be dealing with it.