Celebrating Selena 27 Years Later-Find Out What Is Going On Locally And Nationally
March 31st of this year was the 27th anniversary of a Texas legend's passing, Selena Quintanilla Perez. It is also the 25th anniversary of the movie in which Jennifer Lopez was cast to play the 'queen of Tejano music.' So many milestones for us fans to be able to honor Selena's music and her legacy both nationally and on a local level as well.
REMEMBERING SELENA 27 YEARS LATER:
- For starters, because it is the 25th anniversary of the movie Selena, it is set to be re-released in movie theaters beginning this Thursday, April 7th.
- According to the late singer's father Abraham via Latin Groove News, 'a new album will soon be on the horizon.'
Quintanilla said that the album, which is being produced by Warner Music, will contain 13 songs and that Selena's brother, A.B. Quintanilla, worked on the album.
Look for that album to drop sometime this month!
- also look for a new collaboration with MAC make-up to drop on the MAC cosmetics website beginning on April 21st-good luck getting your hands on the Selena La Reina collection, it will more than likely sell out like the first one did
- And finally here locally, I Love My Selfie, the Permian Basin's first selfie museum at 3211 W. Wadley, is gearing up for Como La Flor, 'A Tribute to Selena,' beginning April 8th and continuing through the 16th. You will have the opportunity to see replicas and take selfies with some of her most iconic outfits.
- For reservations and more info, visit the I Love My Selfie website.