Can’t We All Get Along? 5 Things Good Neighbors Do!
Neighbors. Gotta love 'em. There have been many a movie made about neighbors, good, bad and creepy. According to a survey, 57% of people say they know some of the people in their neighborhood, while only 26% say they know most everyone in the neighborhood. I would say I am proudly part of the 57% but actually having interacted with them all is another story. lol
Do you feel you have good or bad neighbors for the most part? Tbh, what even makes a 'good neighbor?' I'll fill you in on the good neighbor etiquette and you can decide for yourself.
FIVE UNSPOKEN RULES OF NEIGHBOR ETIQUETTE:
1. Never steal your neighbor's packages or mail! Seriously, who would do such a thing? I have mistakenly received my neighbor's mail and immediately sent 1 of my children over to return it to its rightful owner.
2. If you park on the street in front of your home, never block your neighbors driveway. This should go without saying but some people can be inconsiderate or in some cases not even realize when they have company that their company may have done so.
3. Give your neighbors a heads up when you are having a party and be sure to keep the noise down if guests stay late. As a common courtesy, let your neighbors know the situation and in most cases you will discover they have no problem with it and might even want to join in on the fun!
4. Do not under any circumstances peek over your neighbor's fence. Unless you are Wilson in a television show there is no need. It is none of your business what goes on in any neighbor's backyard. Mind your business Karen.
5. yard work-be considerate of your neighbors and don't do yardwork at the crack of dawn. Your yard can wait an hour or 2 or better yet try early evening when it's not too hot to do yard work. By the same token, don't be that guy with the worst yard on the block!
Add to the list of neighbor etiquette.