Traffic Alerts For Midland and Odessa
Midland and Odessa drivers are being warned to use caution with traffic alerts this week, due to road maintenance.
In Midland County, South County Road 1150 from FM 307 to Highway 158 is closed due to damaged it received from runoff from recent storms. The road closure will now be in effect until September 22. Drivers are urged to find a different route because traffic will not be allowed through the area while the work is being done.
The City of Odessa annual street seal coat project will begin today, Tuesday. The project will involve seal coating for approximately 13 miles of streets.
Streets to be seal coated include:
• Rocky Lane, from Highway 191 south to Business Interstate 20
• Grandview, from University south to Interstate Highway 20
• Dawn Avenue, from 56th Street south to Eighth Street
• 52nd Street, from Grandview east to JBS Parkway
• 38th Street/Lyndale, from Andrews Highway east to Dawn
• University Boulevard, from Andrews Highway east to Grandview
• Murphy, from Grant east of Grandview to the City limits
City officials say during the seal coating process there will be various temporary lane closures. Residents who live along the seal coat route are being asked to park their vehicles as far away from the street as possible when the seal coat operation is underway on their street.
Drivers are advised to use caution in construction zones and to use alternate routes when possible. Safe driving!