Top 5 Best Fishing Spots Close to Midland Odessa
Spring is here so now it is time to talk about fishing, here are the top 5 places that are close to Midland/Odessa.
According to the Midland Reporter-Telegram, here are the top 5 places close by to take your rod and reel to.
- Elm Creek Reservoir - Located close to Winters which is just to the south of Abilene. The main kinds of fish in the lake are largemouth bass, crappie, and catfish. They have a concrete boat ramp and fishing dock, it is open year-round, RV and tent camping sites are available and you can get a day pass for $3.
- Amistad Reservoir - Located on the Rio Grande close to Del Rio. The main species of fish are largemouth and smallmouth bass, catfish, and white and striped bass. Lake access and facilities are provided by the National Park Service, you must have a boat pass if you have a boat with a motor. Prices are $4 per day, $10 for a 3-day pass, and $40 for a year.
- Champion Creek Reservoir - Located close to Colorado City. The main species of fish are largemouth bass, white bass, channel and flathead catfish, white crappie, and sunfish. The lake is open year-round, annual permits are available, day-use fee is $4 per person, under 12 and over 65 are free, boat permits are $3 per day and there is no fee for canoes and kayaks.
- Alan Henry Reservoir - Located 45 miles southeast of Lubbock on the Double Mountain of the Brazos River. The main species of fish are largemouth bass, spotted bass, channel and flathead catfish, and white crappie. The Sam Wahl Recreation Area has a dock and fishing pier, restrooms are available uphill from the pier, shoreline access for bank anglers is limited, and primitive camping areas and places to park self-contained RVs are available.
- Lake E.V. Spence - Just south of Sweetwater around Robert Lee on the Colorado River. The main species of fish are striped bass, white bass, largemouth bass, and catfish. Camping and picnic areas are located in 4 recreation areas and bank access is offered there too. Entrance fee is $5 per vehicle which covers everyone in the vehicle, annual vehicle passes are $60 and $10 for senior citizens.
There are some places to go fishing that are close to the Midland/Odessa area.