Things That Kid’s Of The 80’s Were Afraid That Were Actually Harmless
As a kid growing up in the 1980's I can remember so many things that I thought were scary to find out that they really won't anything to worry about at all. This one doesn't go into the 10 but one thing I was afraid of was the Neighborhood Watch sign. I I was afraid of the burglar on the sign. I didn't know it was actually a sign to help protect me.
Here is your 8 things that kids of the 80's were afraid of that weren't actually anything to be afraid of:
1. Quicksand. In movies and TV shows they would show people being stuck in quicksand having to be rescued just as only their head was left above the sand. Inches from their body being fully devoured by the sand.
2. Swallowing a plant seed. For example when someone would say they were pregnant, someone would ask if they had swallowed a watermelon seed.
3. Swallowing Your Gum would stay in your stomach for 7 years. People used to say that all the time when I was a kid, that if you swallowed your gum it would stay in your stomach for 7 years.
4. Driving with the car's interior light on at night was a crime. Parents used to tell their kids all the time that if they drove with the inside light of the car on they could get a ticket.
5. The Bermuda Triangle. I have to admit I thought their was actually a triangle area around Bermuda, that if you sailed through it, your boat would just disappear. Now I would love to go to Bermuda, and probably will some day.
6. Removing the Tag off a mattress. People would always say that if you removed the tag off of a mattress you would go to prison. I even remember Pee Wee Herman making a joke about it in one of his movies.
7. Thinking the ceiling fan falling form the ceiling in the night and kill you. I don't even know where this came from but I can remember thinking about this. I would think what if this happened.
8. Your shoe getting caught in the escalator. I think I am still afraid of this today. You the very last test before you get off. I am still afraid to this day that I might get caught in it.
Isn't it funny what believe as kids could really get us but are completely harmless.
LOOK: 15 Discontinued McDonald's Menu Items