Texas Tech Has Been Represented By At Least One Player in the Super Bowl For the Past 11 Seasons
Tech fans get your guns up, a player from Texas Tech has been in the Super Bowl for the past 11 seasons.
According to KCBD-TV in Lubbock, with Patrick Mahomes in the biggest football game of the year coming up in 2 weeks, that makes 11 straight years someone from Texas Tech has been in the Super Bowl.
It also means that 13 of the last 14 seasons, someone who was a player at Texas Tech has been in the final game of the NFL season.
Kansas City will be playing San Francisco in Miami on February 2, 2020, that means one former Tech player will be playing in the game and two former players will be coaching.
Patrick Mahomes of course is the quarterback for Kansas City, but on the other sideline former Red Raiders Wes Welker and Kris Kocurek will be coaching for San Francisco.
Wes Welker is the wide receivers coach, and Kris Kocurek is the defensive line coach.
The 11 year run for Texas Tech in the Super Bowl is as follows:
- 2010 - Keyunta Dawson – Indianapolis
- 2011 - Graham Harrell – Green Bay
- 2012 - Wes Welker – New England
- 2013 - Michael Crabtree – San Francisco
- 2013 - Darcel McBath – San Francisco
- 2014 - Wes Welker – Denver
- 2014 - Louis Vasquez – Denver
- 2014 - Manny Ramirez – Denver
- 2015 - Danny Amendola – New England
- 2016 - Louis Vasquez – Denver
- 2017 - Danny Amendola – New England
- 2017 - LaAdrian Waddle – New England
- 2018 - Danny Amendola – New England
- 2018 - LaAdrian Waddle – New England
- 2019 - LaAdrian Waddle – New England
- 2020 - Patrick Mahomes - Kansas City
Mahomes will become one of 27 players from Texas Tech to play in the Super Bowl, dating back to Super Bowl 1.