Happening This Weekend: The Midland County Fair
"Midland's Largest Event," the Midland County Fair kicks off today at the Midland County Horseshoe. This year's fair is full of a ton of family-friendly events that will include a rodeo, live music, a carnival, and of course a ton of food.
The Midland County Fair opens its gates at 5 p.m. today and runs through Sunday evening. Admission is $5 from 3p-5p and $10 from 5p until close. Admission does not cover carnival rides, tickets for carnival rides must be purchased through the carnival.
Opening Day Friday, August 25th - 80's Night
- Petting Zoo
- Outdoor Vendors and Food Truck Alley
- Live Entertainment all night
- 6pm - Kids Party
- 7pm - Chase Quine Memorial Bull Ride
- 7pm Live Music with Sa Lights, a classic rock tribute band and Two Live Phew.
Saturday August 26th 10 am - 10 pm
- 10am - 2pm Authors Circle
- 1pm - HopeFest (Get Tickets)
- 10 bands including Unspoken, Transformation Band, and Innercourt
- 11am - Pet Parade
- 4pm - Chili Cook Off Finals
- 12pm - Hot Dog Eating Competition
- 1pm - Pie Baking Contest Finals
- 7pm Chase Quine Memorial Bull Ride
- Carnival Opens Until 12am (carnival tickets can be purchased once inside the fair).
Sunday August 27th 12 pm-8 pm
Tejano Sunday at the Midland County Fair
- Wild & Wooly Lamb & Goat Show
- 3pm - Charreada VIP Experience
- 4pm - Featuring the Charreada Extravaganza
The carnival along with vendors and food trucks will be open each day. These are not included with fair admission.
This is an event the entire family will enjoy, kids of all ages, young and old are welcome to attend. Don't miss this great event at the Midland County Horshoe.