How To Protect Yourself While Holiday Shopping
After a report of an armed robbery last night at a local mall, I thought it might be a good idea to talk about being able to protect and defend yourself while you are doing your shopping this Black Friday. That is why I called up Dennis Morris of Tactical Response Resources to give us some advice.
Some of the key points in the interview this morning:
- Do not overload yourself with packages.
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Make note of any suspicious persons or activities, especially in a parking lot.
- Try to do your shopping during the daytime.
- If you do have to shop when it’s dark outside, carry a small metal flashlight that can also be used as a striking weapon.
- Your car keys can also be used as a striking weapon.
- If you carry concealed, there are several issues to be mindful of.
- Your mind is your greatest weapon, have situational awareness.
- Stuff can be replaced, your life can't. Do whatever you have to, to survive.
To listen to the interview: