Big Bend National Park Changes Campsite Prices
All you lovers of camping listen up, Big Bend National Park will have new prices on their campsites which went into effect January 1, 2020.
According to NewsWest 9, the fee change goes as follows:
- Developed Campground fees will increase from $14 per night to $16 per night.
- Back country Permits (backpacking, primitive roadside, and overnight river trips) will change from $12 per permit to $10 per night.
- Group Campsite fees will change to a nightly per site fee, rather than a nightly per person fee. The nightly rate is based on site capacity:
- Sites accommodating up to 14 people, $40 per night.
- Sites accommodating up to 25 people, $60 per night.
- Sites accommodating up to 40 people, $100 per night.
Big Bend National Park staff say the price changes will increase revenue for the National Park Service which will in turn help out services like the online reservation system and help on backlogged maintenance.
For additional information go to the Big Bend National Park website.