The Five Dumbest Things Doctors Have Heard From Their Patients
After watching the TV show, 'Sex Sent Me To The ER', I wondered about the stupid things doctors must hear from patients; then I found this list.Being honest with your doctor is very important, but some people have said some really dumb things to their physicians. For example:
1. "I had a patient come in for an STD check. She only had one partner, and said even if he was sleeping with other people it shouldn't matter because he uses a condom every time and makes sure to wash it thoroughly after every use."
2. "I had to explain to a 27-year-old female that the bleeding she was having for a week every month was normal. She had two children."
3. "A woman was having her foot amputated and was very nonchalant. Her friend asked why she wasn't more concerned. She said she understood that they had to operate and it was okay...because the foot would grow back."
4. "A couple said the birth control pills were bothering the girl's stomach so her boyfriend started taking them and they were furious that I hadn't stopped them from getting pregnant."
5. "I had to explain that bandages don't cure anything. A patient had been diagnosed with type-two diabetes and tried to cure it by sticking bandages all over herself."