12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Lex Luthor
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with 75 years of superhero comics behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week, we're taking a look at supervillain/businessman (but perhaps I repeat myself), Lex Luthor, set to make his return to the silver screen in the form for which he is best known, that of a floppy-haired moppet, in Batman v Superman. In this video, we explore the ins and outs of Luthor's 75-plus year history, including how he lost his hair in-universe and out, his family members from his psychic sister to his nasty niece to his alien wife and son, and how he came to be one of the top two most evil Presidents elected in 2000.
- Check out this list to see some of the best Lex Luthor stories across the decades.
- To read some of those stories in a handy hardcover form, check out Lex Luthor: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- If you specifically want to read Luthor's earliest encounters with Superman, he appears in The Superman Chronicles, starting with volume 3.
- Alternatively, get a bunch at once in Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus.
- While many other cool Luthor comics are out of print, there are a number of cool options at Comixology, including Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, Superman: The Black Ring, and this one-shot from his mullet and Lincoln beard days.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next.