Identity Theft on the Rise in the Permian Basin
Identity theft is on the rise in the Permian Basin and we have tips from law enforcement on how to protect yourself.
According to YourBasin.com, local law enforcement is noticing a rise in cases of identity theft locally.
Here are their tips to help you keep yourself safe from identity theft:
- Monitor finances regularly
- Shred personal documents you don't need anymore
- Keep your check book and sensitive documents in a secure place
- Do NOT carry your social security card with you
- Contact your financial institution if you notice any strange charges