Five Important Stats About the PB and J Sandwich
After our trip to Georgia during peanut harvest time, I am more a fan or the humble peanut than ever. Now how about some interesting factoids on America's favorite sandwich.
Here are five results from a very important new survey by Smucker's on peanut butter and jelly. Check 'em out!
1. 68% of people like creamy peanut butter more than crunchy peanut butter.
2. Strawberry jelly is the most popular flavor for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches . . . grape is a close second.
3. White bread is the most popular bread for sandwiches. That means the average peanut butter and jelly sandwich uses creamy peanut butter, strawberry jelly, and white bread.
4. 30% of parents eat the ingredients WHILE they make their kids a sandwich.
5. And 30% of people say peanut butter and jelly is the best comfort food. Mac and cheese came in second, and grilled cheese came in third.