Fires Break Out in Big Bend National Park Over the Weekend
Fires were reported in Big Bend over the weekend in different areas of the park.
According to NewsWest 9, fires were reported in Juniper Canyon area along with the area at the foothills of the Chisos Mountains.
The cause and size of the fires are still being determined, but closures have been reported in the following areas:
- Juniper Canyon and Pine Canyon Roads
- Juniper Canyon and Pine Canyon primitive roadside campsites
- Dodson and Juniper Canyon Trails and backpacking zones
- High Chisos backpacking campsites
- High Chisos Mountains trails including Pinnacles/Boot Canyon/South Rim/Laguna Meadows, and the Lost Mine Trail.