Find Out What Words Dictionary.com Just Added
Dictionary.com just added some new words, here is the list!
The English language is evolving with new -- and sometimes stupid words, daily. Dctionaries are trying their best to keep up, for example, Dictionary.com just updated with several new, modern words here are the seven of the highlights:
1. life hack: 'A tip, trick, or efficient method for doing or managing a day-to-day task or activity.'
2. slacktivism: 'Actions taken to bring about political or social change but requiring only minimal commitment, effort, or risk.'
3. smartwatch: 'A computing device that resembles a wristwatch and is attached to a band worn around the wrist.'
4. basic: 'Characterized by predictable or unoriginal style, interests, or behavior.' Obviously they already have the word 'basic' in the dictionary, they just added an alternate definition.
5. dox: 'To publish the private personal information of another person without the consent of that individual.'
6. esports: 'Competitive tournaments of video games.'
7. microaggression: 'a subtle but offensive comment or action directed at a minority or other nondominant group that is often unintentional or unconsciously reinforces a stereotype.'
Do you have a word you think should have been added?