7 Fun Facts That You Probably Didn’t Know About ‘Breaking Bad’
After 5 seasons of Emmy winning entertainment, "Breaking Bad" ends this Sunday night. After sixty-one episodes of the show, there are still some things you might not know; for example:
1. John Cusack and Matthew Broderick turned down the role of Walter White.
2. Bryan Cranston insisted on wearing whitie-tighties all the time. Creator Vince Gilligan says the actor wanted Walt to wear "the most pathetic thing" possible.
3. Jesse was originally supposed to die at the end of Season 1, but after seeing Aaron's performance, Vince Gilligan changed his mind.
4. Though she won an Emmy for her role as Skyler White (Anna Gunn), was battling a mystery illness during filming. "I was actually ill while I was filming the show and it affected my weight," she says. "They gave me cortisone and I puffed up and gained weight. Now I'm better, thank God."
5. Aaron got a concussion while filming a fight scene with Raymond Cruz, who played Tuco. "The next thing I know I guess I blacked out and I woke up to a flashlight in our eyes and it was our medic," says Paul.
6. Walt & Jesse's blue meth is actually crystallized sugar, AKA rock candy.
7. AMC crossover alert! As an "Easter egg" to "Breaking Bad" fans, Blue Sky was seen in an episode of "The Walking Dead," which airs on the same network.
If you've missed the series, now's your chance to get to know Mr. White and the rest of the characters on the Emmy winning, 'Breaking Bad' by hitting the AMC website where you can watch any or all of the episodes before the season finale, Sunday.