10 Tips To Keep The Tricksters At Bay This Halloween
People spend a lot of money and time decorating for the holidays, but there are always some malcontents that get their kicks destroying someone else’s hard work. Here are a few tips to help you from being a victim.
Unfortunately, some would rather deal out tricks than treats at Halloween. To keep your property and pets safe, follow these tips:
1. Keep areas that are heavily trafficked by the kids well lit.
2. Keep the flashlight handy. It makes it easier to investigate suspicious activity.
3. After the nights festivities are over, bring in decorations that could be stolen.
4. If you have a portable security camera that you can move, face it toward your front area of your home or the back area of your home. It will act as a deterrent to vandals.
5. Know where your kids are at all times.
6. Move your cars out of the street and park them in the driveway if possible. Make sure all the doors are locked and windows are rolled up.
7. If possible, bring your pets in for the night. Before you let them back out, check the for unwelcome treats that might have been thrown over a fence or dropped in the yard. Chocolate is dangerous for canines.
8. Keep youths out of alleys.
9. Report suspicious persons or activity to the police.
10. Coordinate with neighbors to keep and eye on each other’s property.
Hopefully you will have a fun and uneventful Halloween! What other tips would you recommend?