10 Quotes From Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I'm listing ten quotes from the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I shared during the Morning Show.
The following are some of my favorite quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
- "A right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant."
- "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
- "A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus."
- "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'"
- "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it."
- "Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."
- "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
- "Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him."
There are also two things about Dr. King you might not have known: He was a registered Republican and secondly, he was a staunch believer and practiced the 2nd Amendment, so much so that it was said of him, that he owned 'an armory' of guns. Being non-violent does not mean 'defenseless'.